Whole Wheat Pesto Pizza with Roasted Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6144 times
Pesto is a world-renowned Italian spread made of walnuts and basil. It is a versatile ingredient, which can be used in many ways – ranging from dip and sauce to salad dressing and pizza topping.
This pizza benefits from the pesto, which gives it a luscious mouth-feel and amazingly vibrant taste. The exotic nature of the pizza only deepens as you discover the mix of cheese and vegetables that go into it.
When served fresh, you will really enjoy the crisp and juicy texture of the roasted veggies against the cheesy background that is enhanced with pesto.
Another unique touch in this pizza is the garnish of arugula and parmesan cheese, which imparts a really wonderful taste to it.
The Whole Wheat Pesto Pizza with Roasted Vegetables is indeed a very special treat, and must be enjoyed fresh to discover its full potential.
Try other pesto recipes like Pesto Penne or Pesto and Roasted Red Capsicum Bruschetta .
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the capsicum, zucchini and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the dried mixed herbs and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place a whole wheat pizza base on a clean, dry surface, apply half the pesto sauce and spread it evenly.
- Place half the topping evenly over it.
- Sprinkle half the cheese mixture evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 1 more pizza.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes or till they turn crispy and the cheese melts.
- Immediately arrange ¼ cup of arugula leaves and sprinkle 2 tsp of parmesan cheese powder evenly over each pizza.
- Cut each pizza into 8 equal pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pizza
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.