Top 15 Indian Recipes with Melon
Top melon recipes. Summer got you overheated? Bring your inner temperature down a notch with these simple Melon recipes. Melon is a name given to various members of the Cucurbitaceous family with fleshy fruit. Melons have high water content and are exceptionally cooling and refreshing on a hot summer day. There are basically two types of Melons- Watermelon and Cantaloupe (Muskmelon). They are very sweet in taste and can be eaten as it is.
Mint Watermelon Salad, Indian Style
Melons are filled with water and a host of other nutrients. Muskmelon abounds in vitamin C and helps to build our defense system. Read 7 Benefits of Muskmelon. They are also a good addition for weight loss and healthy heart diet. Watermelon, on the other hand, has an antioxidant lycopene which also build heart health. Read 14 Benefits of Watermelon.
You can make a wide range of juices, smoothies with chopped melon or pep up a salad with some melon scoops.
1. Watermelon is my favourite fruit. Sliced watermelon sprinkled with chaat masala is my go-to snack during Summer. Apart from that my mother makes amazing drinks using them. A simple Watermelon Cooler is quite pleasing in summers. Add some milk and sugar to watermelon cubes and a pleasing drink is ready for serving.
2. Pair watermelon with other fruits too. A thoughtful combination is Watermelon and Guava Juice. You can use readymade guava juice for best results. And do not forgot to garnish it with watermelon balls.
Watermelon and Guava Juice
3. You can blend them just with a pinch of cardamom and little lemon juice to make Muskmelon Drink with Cardamom or make a Melon Punch by tossing in some grapes.
Melon Punch, Musk Melon Black Grape Drink
4. An amalgam of papaya and muskmelon works well to make luscious Papaya Melon Smoothie. Beat the heat with this drink that is guaranteed to win your heart with its soothing mouth-feel and refreshing flavor.
Papaya Melon Smoothie, Indian Muskmelon Kharbooja Smoothie
5. A party style drink is Watermelon and Basil Lemonade. Chilled lemonade with watermelon and hint of lemon juice combines beautifully with the sharp and herby taste of basil.
Watermelon and Basil Lemonade
6. If you think, salads are boring with just vegetables and proteins, we are here are some recipes to bust your myths. Watermelon, Orange and Feta Salad and Watermelon and Mint Salad are vibrant and refreshing.
Watermelon, Orange and Feta Salad
7. Why a salad with watermelon always? Let’s be more creative and make one such delicacy with muskmelon too. Try the recipe of Muskmelon Pear and Apple Salad. The parsley and curd based dressing is also very unique to this recipe. This recipe is a true nourishing bowl for anyone to indulge into.
Muskmelon, Pear and Apple Salad
8. You can also use watermelon with coconut water. We are not talking of making a drink. Try Watermelon Infused Coconut Water. Put the Watermelon in the pitcher of Fruit Infused Water Bottle along with coconut water and allow it to infuse for 2 to 3 hours. Sit back and enjoy it.
Watermelon Infused Coconut Water
9. Babies in their weaning stages can also be served melons after the age of 7 to 8 months. Prepare the Muskmelon Juice for Babies in a hopper, so you can serve it without further straining. Watch your little one enjoy it.
Muskmelon Juice for Babies
10. You must have not heard of Muskmelon Vanilla Ice-cream Drink. A luscious drink with subtle taste of muskmelon. It’s a pleasant welcome drink idea for home parties.
Muskmelon with Vanilla Ice- Cream Drink
11. Muskmelon does wonders for our gut too. We have paired them with grapeftuit, prunes and sunflower seeds to make a healthy fiber rich bowl for IBS. All you need is salt and pepper to flavour this combo of Muskmelon Grapefruit and Prune Salad.
Muskmelon Grapefruit and Prune Salad, Ibs Recipe
12. The Frozen Melon Yoghurt is a creamy dessert with an aesthetic flavour and sweet aroma. Hung curds and cream are mixed with dainty muskmelon balls and deep-frozen. Using the muskmelons as balls instead of smaller cubes gives the dessert a nice appearance and also brings about a nice fruity contrast to the creamy curd mixture, which will be noticeable only if the pieces are chunky.
Frozen Muskmelon Yoghurt
13. The sweetness of muskmelon can be harnessed to make a dressing and then used to assemble a healthy salad. We have used it in the recipe of Apple Chickoo Salad with Muskmelon Dressing.
Apple Chickoo Salad with Muskmelon Dressing
14. A luscious drink that soothes and rejuvenates your senses with its chunky texture and peppy flavour is Chunky Muskmelon Drink. The mellow taste of muskmelon is aesthetically sweetened with honey, but the real twist comes with the addition of black salt, which totally transforms the flavour from soft to snazzy!
Chunky Muskmelon Drink
15. Occasionally try a dessert using melon. With its fruity flavour and pleasant colour, the Quick Eggless Melon Mousse is sure to steal everybody’s heart. It is a delicious dessert that can be the perfect ending to a cosy dinner party.
Quick Eggless Melon Mousse