Moong dal recipes, Green Moong Dal Indian Recipes
Moong dal recipe collection. green moong dal recipes. Lentils are legumes with lots of health benefits. They are a staple food of Indian cuisine. It is the most adaptable ingredient to cook various Indian delicacies like dal, khichdi, dosa, payasam, fritters etc.
Moong Dal Dhokla ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking)
Different regions in India have different favorite dals. There are different dals like masoor, moong, urad, toor, chana dal etc. Do not hoard dals in large quantitry in kitchen.
Store them in a cool, dry place inside an air-tight container to keep them free from bugs. If you want to store cooked dals, then store them in the freezer section.
Green Moong Dal and Vegetable Idli, Healthy Moong Dal Idlis
Today we will be exploring some recipes made using Moong dal. Moong dal is little green seeds that are yellowish inside. Moong beans are used for cooking both sweet and savory dishes. They are eaten whole, sprouted, split with the skin and without the skin. They are a good source of protein and dietary fiber. Cooked green grams are easy to digest.
5 Moong Dal Breakfast Recipes
Moong dal is a healthy alternative to starchy ingredients like refined flour and rice. Dosa and Idlis are a popular breakfast all over India.
1. Kick start your morning with Pesarattu dosa or
2. moong dal dosa a protein filled, healthy breakfast option.
Moong Dal Dosa
3. You can even substitute urad dal with moong dal to make protein-rich, fluffy Rice Moong Dal idlis. Serve these with coconut chutney and a bowl of flavorful sambhar.
Rice and Moong Dal Idli
4. In North India, Stuffed paratha is a famous delicacy. They generally fit into any course of the meal. When stuffed with lentils, it turns into a wholesome dish.
This power packed Dal Ke Parathe taste amazing with a bowl of curd or fresh pickle.
Dal Ke Parathe
5. An English breakfast generally consists of pancakes and waffles. This fusion recipe of Moong Dal Waffles with Stir fried Vegetables are savory waffles with crunchy, colorful vegetables. These unique waffles are a surprise for the palate.+
Moong Dal Waffles with Stir-fried Vegetables
Moong Dal Snacks
Handvo is a traditional Gujarati savory cake made using a combination of lentils, vegetables and curd/buttermilk.
1. Green Moong Dal Handvo is crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. You can even bake it for a healthier version. Relish piping hot handvo as it is or with tongue-tickling coriander chutney.
Green Moong Dal Handvo
2. Similarly, Dahi vada is urad dal fritters dunked in curd and chutney, we have given these deep-fried dumplings a healthy twist by substituting urad dal with moong dal.
Moong Dal Dahi Vada
3. The Moong Dal Dahi Vada with all the chatpata flavours is a delight for the palate and taste yum with a cup of chai.
4. Chilla is simple pancakes made using flour. Here, we have made chilla using green moong dal which are rich in nutrients. Green Moong Dal and Carrot Mini Pancakes does not require any sort of soaking and fermenting. Savour them with some green chutney and ketchup.
Green Moong Dal and Carrot Mini Pancakes
You can even stuff them with sprouts or vegetable mixture to make it more filling.
Green Moong Dal Main Course Recipes
1. Cut some extra carbs from your diet and try our nutritious brown rice khichdi. A hot bowl of khichdi is what I called my comfort food.
Healthy brown rice and moong dal khichdi
2. This one-pot meal of spicy Green Moong Dal Khichdi will tantalize your taste buds. Don’t forget to pair the humble Khichdi with its four popular accompaniment Ghee, Papad, Raita or Achaar to make it a full meal.
Spicy Green Moong Dal Khichdi
Enjoy our collection of moong dal recipe collection. green moong dal recipes below.