Moong Dal Waffles with Stir-fried Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37518 times
Simple but elegant touches make this a recipe to cherish! There is nothing uncommon about waffles topped with stir-fried veggies, but when the waffles are given an Indian touch by making them with a methi flavoured moong batter, it becomes a treat with a difference.
Not only that, the delectable combination of stir-fried veggies also gets a special, lingering flavour by the addition of nigella seeds. The Moong Dal Waffles with Stir-Fried Vegetables is an apt snack for diabetics and one serving of it is enough to satiate their hunger and give them a nutrient boost.
Moong Dal provides folic acid while vegetables contribute ample fibre to this dish, which is so tasty that the whole family will enjoy it. Serve with a glass of Pineapple Celery Juice for a satiating and soothing combo.
- Wash and soak the green moong dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 3 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the soaked dal and green chillies and ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend to a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grease the pre-heated waffle iron with ¼ tsp of oil, pour a ladleful of batter in in it and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or till the waffles turns light brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more waffles. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the onion seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the capsicum and bean sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, broccoli, chilli sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide it into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place each waffles in a serving plate and top it with one portion of the stir-fried vegetables.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per waffle
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.