Moong dal used for breakfast.
Moong dal is a healthy alternative to starchy ingredients like refined flour and rice. Dosa and Idlis are a popular breakfast all over India.
1. Kick start your morning with Pesarattu dosa or
2. moong dal dosa a protein filled, healthy breakfast option.
3. You can even substitute urad dal with moong dal to make protein-rich, fluffy Rice Moong Dal idlis. Serve these with coconut chutney and a bowl of flavorful sambhar.
4. In North India, Stuffed paratha is a famous delicacy. They generally fit into any course of the meal. When stuffed with lentils, it turns into a wholesome dish. This power packed Dal Ke Parathe taste amazing with a bowl of curd or fresh pickle.
5. An English breakfast generally consists of pancakes and waffles. This fusion recipe of Moong Dal Waffles with Stir fried Vegetables are savory waffles with crunchy, colorful vegetables. These unique waffles are a surprise for the palate.
Handvo is a traditional Gujarati savory cake made using a combination of lentils, vegetables and curd/buttermilk.
1. Mixed Dal Handvo is crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. You can even bake it for a healthier version. Relish piping hot handvo as it is or with tongue-tickling coriander chutney.