Indian Food for Train Travel
Contest closes 11 Sep 2018
Long hour train journeys can be tiring but, fun too. You meet new people, share a few moments of your life, spend hours watching the moving landscape. The never-ending banter of food vendors walking up and down the aisle, hawkers selling toys, locks, inflatable pillows. While some Indian train stations are popular for their regional special foods like Jhaalmuri from Howrah Junction, Kolkata, Poha from Ratlam Junction, Madhya Pradesh. Not many are fans of Railway food and prefer carrying food from home on the journey. Be it for yourself or fussy kids, food is an important aspect while travelling for a holiday with family. For some, it is a necessity - they might not eat outside due to religious reasons, or health concerns. For others, food is fun!
Share with us your favorite travel food and win a cookbook on "Sandwiches"
For an innovative recipe,click here
Submit your entries to the contest!
Do you want to participate in the contest and win exciting prizes. You need to
be logged in to submit your entries. Click here to login and return to this
- Submissions must be original
- Tarladalal.com reserves the right to use the recipes sent to us by the contestants.
- Winners would be selected by a panel of cooks headed by Tarla Dalal. The decision arrived at by the panel would be final and not open to debate by the contestants.
- Each month’s winner names would be announced at this site along with the announcement of the new contest.
- Every participant can send more than one recipe for the contest.
- The recipe should be preferably for four persons.
- Each recipe should contain, right quantities for each ingredient, their purpose (oil for greasing or flour for dusting) and the process of making the dish in detail.
- Submission may be modified anytime before contest closes
Result of the last contest
Healthy Tiffin Treats
Closed on: 07 Aug 2018
The contest winners list
View contest archive....
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.