Teen Ratna Dal (Low Calorie Mulitivitamin) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Viewed 23553 times
This flavoursome combination of three lentils and various spices is a good source of calcium, protein and iron for the mom-to-be. Enjoy it with rice variations or just dip your roti in it for a truly heady experience.
Recipe Description for Teen Ratna Dal
- Combine all the dals, green chilli, ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Remove the green chilli and discard it. Keep the cooked dal mixture aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves and pepper.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and red chillies and sauté on a slow flame for a 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the cooked dal mixture, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
See step by step images of Teen Ratna Dal Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.