Panchkuti Dal Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 16860 times
Traditional and wholesome are the words that describe this tasty dal most aptly. As the name suggests, Panchkuti Dal features a combo of five pulses, which gives it a unique texture, flavour and aroma. You will find that this dal does not get mushy, mainly because of the blend of many pulses with varied textures. With a tempering of whole spices and seeds, and a team of ingredients like tomatoes, green chillies and ginger to add to the flavour, this dal becomes a full-fledged side-dish, which transforms even simple roti into a delicacy!
Recipe Description for Panchkuti Dal, Panchratan Dal
- Wash all the dals and soak in enough water for 1 hour. Drain.
- Combine the soaked dals with 1/2 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, dry kashmiri chilli and curry leaves, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garam masala, coriander and green chillies, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the prepared cooked dal, salt and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Panchkuti Dal, Panchratan Dal Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.