Rajasthani Dal (Zero-oil Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 5475 times
Rajasthani delicacies are traditionally laden with ghee but not to worry, for here is a healthier version! Chana dal helps to thicken the dal and imparts body to the dish. Add amchur as per your taste, more if you like it sour, else just a little.
Recipe Description for Rajasthani Dal
- Clean, wash and soak both the dals in water for 2 to 3 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the dals, turmeric powder, 1 cup of water and salt in a pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the cumin seeds and dry roast for a few seconds.
- Add the garlic and onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and dry roast for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cooked dals and ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Add a little salt, dry mango powder and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
See step by step images of Rajasthani Dal Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.