Whole Masoor Dal (Low Cholesterol Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11834 times
Using whole masoor instead of the dal helps retain more fibre you your food. This protein and fibre-rich dal also features a spiky spice paste, which makes it very attractive to the desi palate! The Whole Masoor Dal is ideal for those with high cholesterol as the fibre in the dal binds the cholesterol and eliminates it from the body. In all a good choice in terms of flavour and nutrition.
Recipe Description for Whole Masoor Dal, Sabut Masoor Dal, How To Make Whole Masoor Dal
- Combine the masoor, shallots and 2½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste, 2 tbsp of water and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cooked masoor mixture, salt and i cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with brown rice.
See step by step images of Whole Masoor Dal, Sabut Masoor Dal, How To Make Whole Masoor Dal Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.