Top 10 Super Foods for Vegetarians
Here is a list of Veg super foods given below which when used in combination of eating will help you loose weight, lower cholesterol, prevent heart disease, keep your diabetes, osteoporosis in check. More importantly is that you will be healthy. Thats the key.
Sprouts Stir- Fry ( Eat Well Stay Well Recipes )
We have given you the list of best Vegetarian foods below accompanied with recipe examples which give you very healthy recipes. All these recipes have been used many years by a team member of Tarla Dalal who specialises in fitness and ultra endurance events lasting 17 hours. So these recipes and philosophy work.
The key goal for fitness and weight loss is to have healthy food which is not processed and is fresh. Also cut consumption of wheat and milk and shift to high fat food. Yes, its high fat food which is good fat like paneer, full fat raita. Move from rice to Barley and Buckwheat and try these recipes.
Palak Masoor Dal
1. Avocado: Avocado is full of good fats – omega 3 fatty acids, which helps to reduce inflammation in the body. It helps to maintain heart health. It also keeps you full for hours and avoid binge eating. Try Avocado Kale and Mango Smoothie as a healthy breakfast option
Avocado Kale and Mango Pulp Smoothie
2. Sprouts...a multi-nutrient pack: Known as the tiny storehouse of nutrients, sprouts are one the best vegetarian foods to add to your diet. The process of sprouting not only increases their nutrient count, but also make their digestion easier. It is very easy to incorporate them in your daily diet by way of Sprouts Pancakes and Sprouts Stir-fry.
3. Green Leafy Vegetables: We have grown up listening greens are a must daily. It is a fact. One green leafy vegetable a day adds in a good dose of antioxidants along with, iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium and many other such nutrients. If you don’t like greens, include them in a sneak way like Methi Paratha and Palak Masoor Dal.
4. Olive oil – The Wonder Oil: Olive oil is brimming with MUFA (mono unsaturated fatty acids) which works towards a healthy body and healthy heart. It is also rich in vitamin A and E, an antioxidant which helps to ward off free radicals from the body. The best way to include small quantities in salad dressing like done in the recipe of Cabbage Salad in a unique way as shown in Grilled Baingan.
5. Flax seeds: Also called as alsi, they are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. While the earlier helps in reducing inflammation in the body, the latter nutrient keeps you satiated for long hours. Try Flax Seeds with Curd and Honey as an in between super healthy snack.
Flax Seeds with Curd and Honey, Good For Weight Loss and Fitness
6. Chia Seeds: This is another healthy oilseeds, which one must include in their daily menu. They are rich in fiber and protein. Well, you need to soak them in advance if you are making a drink or smoothie – don’t miss out on that. You can try Chia Seeds and Pear Lassi. A more interesting options is Jowar Rajgira Banana and Chia Seeds Bread.
Jowar, Rajgira, Banana and Chia Seeds Bread
7. Red, Yellow Orange Fruits and Veggies: You would agree that there are a lot to explore in this category. Right from papaya to carrot, tomato to sweet lime, orange to lemon. These are all a store house of various antioxidants. We need these antioxidants to fight the free radicals, to keep our skin wrinkle-free, to have a vision sharp and to build our immunity to various diseases. Gain all of these by cooking delicacies like Carrot Methi Subzi and Fruit and Vegetable Salad with Apple Dressing.
Carrot Methi Subzi ( Delicious Diabetic Recipe)
8. Almonds: Almonds are full of protein and fiber. The best way to have almonds is to munch a few of them in between meals. But if you want to be more creative, you can try making Almond Milk and Almond and Avocado Toast. This would suit lactose intolerant and gluten intolerant.
Almond Milk, Homemade Pure Almond Milk
9. Paneer: Paneer is one of the good sources of calcium and protein for vegetarians. Learn how to make Paneer at Home and the use it to create more of your favourite delicacies like Paneer Masoor Paratha and Paneer Pudina TIkki. Remember not to fry it, else you will only more fat to your meals.
Paneer Masoor Paratha
10. Broccoli: Broccoli is one such vegetable which is definitely a good source of antioxidants like most other veggies, but it also provides fair amounts of protein. It is low in calories and carbs. What more does it require to be termed as a healthy veggie. Explore it in the form of Broccoli Broth or combine it with another healthy veg ingredient to make Broccoli aur Paneer ki Subzi.
Hope you enjoy this and leave us your comments on what you think. Lots of you will have different opinions.
Stay healthy, stay fit and you must exercise regularly!