Jowar, Rajgira, Banana and Chia Seeds Bread
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 6281 times
An awesomely wholesome loaf chock-full of the goodness of jowar and rajgira flours and chia seeds too. The addition of bananas gives the bread a pleasant, natural sweetness and nice mouth-feel.
This gluten-free and healthy loaf has a rustic flavour and satiating texture, which make it good to have plain, toasted or grilled.
You can also dab some butter and jam on it to make a lovely sandwich. Store this bread in an airtight container and stow it into the fridge, where it’ll stay fresh for 4-5 days.
You can also try other artisan breads like Sourdough Bread or Banana and Walnut Bread.
- Combine the isabgol and ¼ cup of water in a bowl, mix well and cover it with a lid. Keep it aside 2 to 3 hours.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the jowar flour, rajgira flour, arrowroot flour, chia seeds, mashed banana, olive oil, honey, isabgol mixture, yeast-sugar mixture and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and knead it into soft loose dough using enough warm water.
- Put the dough in a greased 175 mm. X 25 mm (7" x 3") bread tin. Sprinkle the flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds evenly over it.
- Cover the tin with a damp muslin cloth and keep it aside for 45 minutes.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 30 minutes.
- Once the bread loaf has cooled slightly, de-mould it using a butter knife.
- 8. Cut it into slices using a sharp bread knife.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per slice
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.