Paneer Masoor Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 306 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28496 times
There is something very homely about this Paneer Masoor Paratha. Perhaps it is the satisfying, One Dish Meals feel, or the use of traditional ingredients which makes it seem so.
In this lovely dish, wholesome whole wheat flour parathas are stuffed with a mixture of cooked whole masoor and crumbled paneer perked up with crunchy onions and peppy spice powders.
Make sure you drain the masoor well before combining it with the paneer to avoid sogginess. Serve these parathas hot off the tava with fresh curds.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Clean, wash and soak the masoor in enough water in a deep bowl for 8 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the masoor and 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes or till the masoor gets cooked, while stirring occasionally. Drain well and mash it using a potato masher into a coarse mixture.
- Combine the coarsely mashed masoor, paneer, onions, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the filling in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal it tightly.
- Roll again into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.