Mixed Vegetable Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 196411 times
Let’s try our hand at making a classic favourite, served at restaurants and homes across the world! The Mixed Vegetable Soup has a kind of universal appeal, cutting across boundaries like age, culture and geography.
At most, you will find people lacing it with some sauces, adding a dash of pepper to it, or changing the combo of veggies used, but it is rare to find somebody who does not like it. Here, we have combined tangy tomatoes with an assortment of veggies like onions, cabbage and capsicum, which contribute a rich aroma and flavour to the soup.
Enjoy it hot and fresh, setting the right pace for a lovely dinner. Serve with accompaniments like Bread Rolls , Fried Mozzarella Sticks or Herbed Pizza Strips .
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, cabbage and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the soup into a deep non-stick pan, add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||364.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||54.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||27.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.