Masala Bhaat, Microwave Maharashtrian Masala Bhaat
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 601 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31710 times
This Maharashtrian recipe of rice, tendli and peas, simmered with spices makes a great meal by itself.
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass plate and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Grind to a fine powder in a food processor. Keep aside.
- Clean and wash the rice. Soak in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, fenugreek seeds, green chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida and ghee in a glass bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, tendli, peas, turmeric powder, spice powder and salt and mix well. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water to the rice mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring onece in between after 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut, coriander and cahewnuts and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||159.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||15 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.