Tendli should be washed very well since they tend to collect dirt. Put the washed tendli on a chopping board, trim both the edges and chop them in small 1-2 inch sized pieces with a sharp knife. They may be chopped in to big chunks or smaller ones as per the recipe.
Tendli should be washed very well since they tend to collect dirt. Put the washed tendli on a chopping board, trim both the edges hold them vertically and slice them with a sharp knife. They may be sliced into thick or thin slices as per the recipe.
Maharashtrian recipes using tendli
1. tendli bhaat recipe is a real spicy preparation of rice and tendi, which totally masks the sober nature of tendli transforming it into an exciting ingredient that will be loved by all. Maharashtrian tendli bhaat is a treat to the taste buds, which is derived from Maharashtra and falls under the category of their comfort foods.
2. Maharashtrian masala bhaat recipe is a famous delicacy from west of India made in most Maharashtrian homes quite frequently. Here it has been made slightly nourishing by the addition of tendli and brown rice by way of healthy masala brown rice. Learn how to make healthy masala bhaat in pressure cooker.
Sabzis using tendli
1. Chockfull of nutrients, this subzi is an easy preparation of tendli and matki in a traditional manner, with usual taste-givers like onions, green chillies, tomatoes and spice powders. What makes this Tendli aur Matki Subzi unique is the combination of tendli and sprouts, which offers calcium, protein and iron in one tasty package; and the addition of tomatoes towards the end of the cooking process, which retains its crunch and juiciness to a great extent. Serve hot with rotis or rice. Or for a change, just serve it as a snack topped with crispy sev!
2. Both tendli and cashewnuts are favourites along the South-western coastal regions of india, especially in Mangalore. Tendli cashewnut is an interesting subzi that combines both. Simply flavoured with just a seasoning of mustard seeds and red chillies, this recipe ensures that all the focus is on the tender veggie.
Gujarati cuisine using tendli
1. Sambhariyu shaak is a traditional Gujarati stuffed vegetable dish. This dish can be customised to your liking by using any vegetables that you and your family prefer. However, the vegetables are to be selected carefully to make sure they look good and get cooked evenly. Pressure cooking is the easiest method to make this recipe as it uses less oil, takes less time and cooks evenly. Make sure you add the besan in the filling to make the veggies dry.