by Tarla Dalal
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29694 times
Both tendli and cashewnuts are favourites along the south-western coastal regions of india, especially in mangalore. Tendli cashewnut is an interesting subzi that combines both. Simply flavoured with just a seasoning of mustard seeds and red chillies, this recipe ensures that all the focus is on the tender veggie.
- Soak the cashewnuts in a bowl with enough water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies, tendli and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the tendli softens, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the soaked cashewnuts, sugar and a little more salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coconut.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.