dahi bhindi recipe | Kerala style dahi bhindi | South Indian dahi bhindi | okra yoghurt gravy |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 594 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 139147 times
dahi bhindi recipe | Kerala style dahi bhindi | South Indian dahi bhindi | okra yoghurt gravy | with 30 amazing images.
dahi bhindi recipe is made like Kerala style dahi bhindi. Learn how to make South Indian dahi bhindi.
Kerala style dahi bhindi is a delicious and easy-to-make curry that is popular in Kerala cuisine. It is made with curd and spices, and has a slightly sweet and sour taste.
A Kerala-style preparation of bhindi hence called Kerala style dahi bhindi, with an aromatic seasoning, and the added flavour of tomatoes and onions.
Churned curds form the base for the dahi bhindi, giving it a tangy yet light mouth-feel. It goes great with puris.
pro tips for Kerala style dahi bhindi. 1. Deep-fry the bhindi (ladies finger) on a medium flame till they turn crisp. 2. Cook on a slow flame for a minute, while stirring continuously to prevent the curds from splitting. 3. Kasuri methi can also be added to ladyfingers as per taste. 4. Before cutting the bhindi, add some salt and lemon juice to them. This will reduce the stickiness present in bhindi.
Bhindi, a popular Indian vegetable, can be used in many different ways to prepare sabzi. Check out our 125 recipes using bhindi and try healthy bhindi masala recipe.
Enjoy dahi bhindi recipe | Kerala style dahi bhindi | South Indian dahi bhindi | okra yoghurt gravy | with step by step photos.
- To make kerala style dahi bhindi make first prepare a coconut cashew paste by blending coconut, cashew nuts and 1/2 cup water to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a kadhai, add the ladies fingers and deep-fry till they turn crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies, curry leaves and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coconut-cashewnut paste and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes or till the oil separates.
- Add the curds-water mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for a minute, while stirring continuously to prevent the curds from splitting.
- Add the deep fried ladies finger, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve kerala style dahi bhindi hot.
Dahi Bhindi ( Kerala Style ) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.