27 tendli recipes | Indian Ivg Gourd recipes
tendli recipes | Indian Ivg Gourd recipes. Also known as ivy gourd, it is a tropical plant in the pumpkin family. Ivy gourd is an aggressive climbing vine that can spread quickly over trees, shrubs, fences and other supports. It is an outdoor plant but prefers a sunny sheltered position and a sandy soil.
Maharashtrian recipes using tendli
1. tendli bhaat recipe is a real spicy preparation of rice and tendi, which totally masks the sober nature of tendli transforming it into an exciting ingredient that will be loved by all. Maharashtrian tendli bhaat is a treat to the taste buds, which is derived from Maharashtra and falls under the category of their comfort foods.
Tendli Bhaat, Maharashtrian Tendli Bhaat, Ivy Gourd Rice
2. Maharashtrian masala bhaat recipe is a famous delicacy from west of India made in most Maharashtrian homes quite frequently. Here it has been made slightly nourishing by the addition of tendli and brown rice by way of healthy masala brown rice. Learn how to make healthy masala bhaat in pressure cooker.
Masala Bhaat, Maharashtrian Masala Bhaat Health Recipe
Sabzis using tendli
1. Chockfull of nutrients, this subzi is an easy preparation of tendli and matki in a traditional manner, with usual taste-givers like onions, green chillies, tomatoes and spice powders. What makes this Tendli aur Matki Subzi unique is the combination of tendli and sprouts, which offers calcium, protein and iron in one tasty package; and the addition of tomatoes towards the end of the cooking process, which retains its crunch and juiciness to a great extent. Serve hot with rotis or rice. Or for a change, just serve it as a snack topped with crispy sev!
Tendli Aur Matki Subzi
2. Both tendli and cashewnuts are favourites along the South-western coastal regions of india, especially in Mangalore. Tendli cashewnut is an interesting subzi that combines both. Simply flavoured with just a seasoning of mustard seeds and red chillies, this recipe ensures that all the focus is on the tender veggie.
Gujarati cuisine using tendli
1. Sambhariyu shaak is a traditional Gujarati stuffed vegetable dish. This dish can be customised to your liking by using any vegetables that you and your family prefer. However, the vegetables are to be selected carefully to make sure they look good and get cooked evenly. Pressure cooking is the easiest method to make this recipe as it uses less oil, takes less time and cooks evenly. Make sure you add the besan in the filling to make the veggies dry.
2. Tendli Batata nu Shaak : Tendli is so much more attractive when combined with potatoes than when it is cooked alone! A traditional tempering and a few readily-available spice powders are all that it takes to transform this duo into a tongue-tickling and satiating subzi.
Tendli Batata Nu Shaak, Tendli Aloo Subzi
A pinch of sugar is essential to balance the flavour of the Tendli Batata nu Shaak, so do not omit it although very little in quantity.
Tendli goes well with Indian pickles
Pickles generally have high salt content and therefore not advisable for those with high blood pressure. Here is a pickle that is strikingly out of the ordinary. The garlic and tendli pickle
, you will be happily surprised to note, has just half a spoon of salt! in this case, garlic is the wonder ingredient. It not only enhances the flavour and aroma of tendli, it also acts as a salt substitute and helps lower blood pressure. Chop the garlic very finely to highlight its sharp flavour.
Garlic and Tendli Pickle
Benefits of Tendli
Tendli (Ivy Gourd) : Tendli has been used by Ayurveda to treat diabetes due to its ability to improve glucose tolerance and lower blood sugar levels. The high Vitamin C in tendli is to be attributed for good skin health. Consumption of tendli can help relive digestive problems like constipation. Tendli has been known to boost metabolism and thereby prevent obesity and good for weight loss. See benefits of tendli.
Enjoy our tendli recipes | Indian Ivg Gourd recipes below.