Celery Soup with Dill
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29787 times
Time for some green fun! the celery soup with dill is a lovely green-coloured soup of celery pepped up with aromatic dill, onions and a dash of pepper. Milk and corn flour help to balance the flavour as well as lend the perfect consistency to this soup.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the celery and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and boil on a medium flame for 13 to 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth and strain with help of a strainer.
- Transfer it back into a deep pan, add the corn flour- water mixture, milk, dill, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve piping hot garnished with dill.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||448.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.