Mixed Kathol ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Mixed Kathol ( Gujarati Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 371 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 165877 times
Mixed kathol features a wonderful combo of pulses cooked and presented the gujarati way. Kathol is part of the ‘jaman’ served during the festive seasons, but it is also made regularly in gujarati households throughout the year.
- Wash all the pulses (kathols) and soak them in enough water overnight.
- Drain, add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles or till all the pulses are cooked. Keep aside.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies and ginger-green chilli paste. Sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked pulses along with the water, tamarind pulp, jaggery, chilli powder, turmeric powder, besan mixture and salt, mix well and simmer on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Serve hot with rotlis and rice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.