Dakor Na Gota ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 266 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 231545 times
dakor na gota | traditional dakor na gota | Gujarati gram flour fritters | with amazing 15 images.
dakor na gota recipe is a traditional dakor na gota from Dakor, Gujarat.
dakor na gota is a savory snack, super quick and easy snack to make. Gujarati gram flour fritters is flavorful and can be used as a party starter too. traditional dakor na gota is very popular snack in villages of Gujarat. Every Gujarati household has its own version of making dakor na gota, this is our version to it.
Peek into a secret treasure from the traditional households of Gujarat. A special recipe prepared on the occasion of holi, dakor na gota is an age old recipe that hails from the village of Dakor in Gujarat. Some people also add methi leaves which make methi dakor na gota.
Although the dakor na gota involves deep-frying, it is otherwise quite easy to prepare as the ingredients are common ones, and the batter can be easily prepared without any grinding or fermentation. Every ingredient used in making dakor na gota is easily available in every Indian household.
Serve traditional dakor na gota with khajur imli ki chutney to add to its appeal.
Learn to make dakor na gota | traditional dakor na gota | Gujarati gram flour fritters | with detailed step by step recipe photos and video below.
- To make dakor na gota, combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl along with ½ cup of water and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, whisk the batter vigorously and put spoonfuls of batter in oil and deep-fry a few dakor na gota at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain the dakor na gota on absorbent paper and serve hot with khajur imli ni chutney.
Dakor Na Gota Video by Tarla Dalal
Dakor Na Gota ( Gujarati Recipe) recipe with step by step photos
To make dakor na gota | traditional dakor na gota | Gujarati gram flour fritters | in a deep bowl, take besan and add semolina to it. Sooji provides a grainy texture to the deep-fried gota.
- Now, add the ginger-green chilli paste. They enhance the taste greatly by providing a great punch to the mixture.
- Furthermore add spices like cumin seeds, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala.
- Furthermore, add fennel seeds, coriander seeds and sesame seeds. They not only give an aromatic fragrance but also, provide a bite to the mixture.
- Add the white pepper powder. It is the most important ingredient of dakor na gota. You might feel the quantity is too much but, it is just enough to pep up the flavours.
- Now add a pinch baking soda. They will fluff up the dakor na gota on frying.
- Finally, add sugar and lemon juice. The sweet and sour flavor enhances the batter.
- A dash of hot oil in batter improves the texture.
- Add coriander and salt. Many people even prefer adding methi leaves. Using that batter you can prepare “methi na gota” on deep-frying.
- Along with a ½ cup of water, mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes. You will find ready mix of dakor na gota where in you just have to add water but, we suggest making it fresh at home.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan. Maintain the temperature of oil. Very high heat browns the dakor na gota from outside very fast and the inside remains uncooked. If you let the temperature too low then they will turn very oily.
- Whisk the batter vigorously and put a spoonful of batter in oil and deep-fry a few at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain the dakor na gota on absorbent paper.
Serve dakor na gota | traditional dakor na gota | Gujarati gram flour fritters | hot with khajur imli ni chutney.
If you enjoyed dakor na gota | traditional dakor na gota | Gujarati gram flour fritters | then try other deep-fried Gujarati snacks like Bajra Dhebra, Batata Vada, Kand Na Bhajia and Vatana ni Kachori with Coriander Garlic Chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.