kela methi nu shaak recipe | banana methi leaves sabzi | Gujarati semi dry sabzi |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 144 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 99968 times
kela methi nu shaak recipe | banana methi leaves sabzi | Gujarati semi dry sabzi | with 20 images.
kela methi nu shaak is a bitter sweet Gujarati vegetable. Learn how to make banana methi leaves sabzi.
An interesting life is always a tasty blend of happiness and joy! kela methi nu shaak recipe with a rare combination of mildly-bitter methi and pleasantly-sweet bananas, proves this point yet again.
Elders of the Gujarati community usually like recipes such as kela methi nu shaak where contrasting flavours complement each other.
Tips for kela methi nu shaak. 1. Cook on a slow flame for about 3 minutes till the fenugreek leaves become soft.
Serve kela methi nu shaak with rotla, butter and green chillies.
Enjoy kela methi nu shaak recipe | banana methi leaves sabzi | with step by step photos.
- To make kela methi nu shaak, heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and the fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the soda bi-carb and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame till the fenugreek leaves become soft.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the bananas, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Serve the kela methi nu shaak immediately with rotlis, white butter.
Kela Methi Nu Shaak ( Gujarati Recipe) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.