batata nu shaak recipe | bateta nu shaak | Gujarati potato sabzi |
by Tarla Dalal
બટાકા નું શાક
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Batata Nu Shaak, Bateta Nu Shaak in Gujarati)
Added to 221 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 170035 times
batata nu shaak | bateta nu shaak | gujarati potato sabzi | with 18 amazing images
Batata Nu Shaak is one of the most popular Gujarati foods, made in almost every household.
A wonderful combination of sesame seeds, curry leaves and ginger-green chilli paste giver a very distinct flavour to the otherwise bland potatoes in this gujarati potato sabzi.
Lemon juice and coriander added towards the end really perk up the Batata Nu Shaak. It tastes best when served with dal and rice.
Batata Nu Shaak also makes a great combo with Rotlis, Puris or Theplas.
Enjoy how to make Batata Nu Shaak recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make batata nu shaak, heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the potatoes, salt, turmeric powder and ginger-green chilli paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add the lemon juice and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Serve the batata nu shaak hot with gujarati dal and rice.
Batata Nu Shaak Video
Batata Nu Shaak, Bateta Nu Shaak recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.