Bateta Chips Nu Shaak ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 160 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59743 times
The potato is really a wonder ingredient, which can slide beautifully into gourmet dishes as well as into daily fare! bateta chips nu shaak is a calorie-rich delight that is popular in wedding and festival menus. The sweet, sour and salty blend of flavours caused by the tempering of cumin, poppy and sesame seeds, along with the lemon, sugar and salt garnish unfailingly pleases all palates!
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the potato strips a few at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad pan, add the cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the cumin seeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, turmeric powder and chilli powder, mix well and sauté on a slow flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the fried batata chips, sugar, lemon juice and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame till the sugar dissolves.
- Serve hot.
- Do not cover the prepared dish till it cools down, as the steam released while it is hot will make the potatoes soggy
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.