Rasawala Bateta Nu Shaak ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89603 times
Whether in a gujarati household or a restaurant, no thali is complete without bateta nu shaak, which is everybody’s favourite despite its simplicity. It is amazing how common spices and ingredients like mustard and cumin seeds, coriander-cumin seed powder, ginger-green chilli paste, etc that are found in everybody’s kitchen cabinet, can transform potatoes into a delicacy. A very popular accompaniment to puris and khichdis.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and ginger-green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, sugar, salt and 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Cover and cook on a medium flame for 12 to 15 minutes or till the potatoes are cooked, stirring occasionally in between.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.