Toovar Dal Ni Khichdi, Gujarati Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 217 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 144234 times
Toovar dal ni khichdi is a class apart from normal khichdis because of the aromatic spices used. It represents a complete and grand meal when served with Rasawala Bateta Nu Shaak, any form of Kadhi and Rotla.
Add your private note
Toovar Dal Ni Khichdi, Gujarati Recipe recipe - How to make Toovar Dal Ni Khichdi, Gujarati Recipe
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Wash and soak the rice and dal together in enough water for at least 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the cumin seeds, cloves, peppercorns and cinnamon.
- When the seeds crackle, add 3½ cups of hot water, rice, toovar dal, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot rotla, rasawala bateta nu shaak and kadhi.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.