Fada Ni Khichdi ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
फाड़ा नी खिचड़ी
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Fada Ni Khichdi ( Gujarati Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 442 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 228917 times
Fada ni khichdi is a wholesome one dish meal that can be served for breakfast, lunch, or any time of the day for that matter.
Made with nutritious broken wheat and yellow moong dal simmered with vegetables and spices, this dish is quite wholesome and does not even require any grand accompaniments. Just serve with plain or masala curd, to make a delectable meal.
- Wash and soak the broken wheat and moong dal in enough water for at least 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add all the remaining ingredients including the moong dal and broken wheat and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Stir the khichdi vigorously using a spoon, adding a little hot water if required, so that the dal and the broken wheat are mixed well.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with fresh curds.
Fada Ni Khichdi Video, Daliya Khichdi, Broken Wheat Khichdi with Vegetables by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.