Panch Dhan Khichdi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39322 times
Panch Dhan Khichdi features an extremely appetising mixture of rice with five kinds of lentils that provide the expectant mother with essential vitamins B1 and B3. Loaded with ample fibre, this khichdi is also quite filling. Common ingredients and spice powders, which will be available in every kitchen, provide the Panch Dhan Khichdi an irresistible flavour.
Once you have soaked the lentils and beans, this homely Panch Dhan Khichdi is also very easy and convenient to make, so you can whip up a sumptuous meal even when you are tired and not feeling up to spending too much time in the kitchen.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared paste, garam masala, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, turmeric powder, salt and ¼ cup water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add all the pulses, rice and 4 cups water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with fresh curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.