Sai Bhaji ( Pregnancy Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 78 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18464 times
This traditional Sindhi recipe is a good combination of dal and leafy vegetables, which provide plenty of iron, fibre, protein, folic acid and vitamin A. The best part is that the Sai Bhaji offers you these nutrients, which are very important during Pregnancy , in a very tasty form, perked up with complementary veggies, spice powders and pastes. Relish it hot with any kind of roti.
- Combine the chana dal with 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, potatoes, brinjal and ginger paste and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the spinach, khatta bhaji, cooked chana dal, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
- Handy tip
- Khatta bhaji is available at most vegetable vendors. It looks like a smaller version of spinach leaves and the leaves are slightly sour in taste.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.