10 Easy Indian Soup Recipes Ready in 20 Minutes
10 easy soup recipes from Tarla Dalal which can be made in 20 minutes.
Soups are light on stomach yet filling. It’s not necessary to sip on them in the beginning of a meal. You can eat them anytime of the day. You can make them using dals, vegetables, dry fruits or a combination of both and perk up with some spices or a basic tempering. They require hardly any preparation and can simply be cooked in a pan, blended, strained and served. You can even use the pressure cooker to make the process of cooking them faster and whip up amazing vegetable soups in very less time.
Here are some more delightful soups to tickle your tongue and satiate your appetite.
1. Garlicky Lentil and Tomato Soup is a soup with a true Indian touch. Nourishing masoor dalpaired with tomatoes and garlic and perked up with chilli powder and lemon juice. This is a soothing soup for winters.
Garlicky Lentil and Tomato Soup
2. Palak Shorba, the authentic Punjabi Soup, features on most restaurant menus. The bright green coloured soup is served topped with ginger juliennes. This creamy soup thickened with milk is sure to refresh your senses.
Palak Shorba, Punjabi Spinach Soup
3. A crunchy and satiating option, Lemon and Coriander Soup is a wholesome and tasteful soup that retains the natural flavours of the veggies. The use of vegetable stock thickened with little cornflour and hints of lemon juice is truly enjoyable
Lemon and Coriander Soup ( Vitamin C Rich)
4. The Vegetable Soup has Indian spices like bayleaf, colves and peppercorn used in the tempering. With that is the contrasting flavours of baked beans. Topped with cheese further it is difficult to stop at one bowl. Try it yourself!
Vegetable Soup ( Exciting Vegetarian Cooking)
5. Tomato Soup is the most common and easy Indian soup recipe. Here’s a Spicy Tomato Soup which is creamy too. Dry red chillies with garlic and pepper powder together contribute to its spiciness. All you need is 20 minutes to make this soup.
Spicy Tomato Soup, Creamy Tomato Soup
6. Delicacies like the Clear Cauliflower, Green Pea and Cabbage Soup with a harmonious blend of contrasting flavors intervening with crunchy vegetables is a delight for the palette. Most oriental soups make use of different sauces like the soy sauce, vinegar, chilly sauce to perk up the flavor.
Clear Cauliflower, Green Pea and Cabbage Soup
7. The amazing oats are not just limited to making an array of main course but you can also make Minty Oats and Vegetable Soup with the crunchiness from cabbage and carrot and flavored with ingredients like garlic, ginger and mint.
Minty Vegetable and Oats Soup
8. Red capsicum is easily available these days. When you have some in the refrigerator, try Roasted Capsicum Soup. The sweet flavours of capsicum is enhanced when it is burnt on an open flame and them the skin is removed and used. This a sweet tinged soup without the use of sugar, so quite healthy too.
Roasted Capsicum Soup
9. A chunky soup for corn lovers is Sweet Corn and Spring Onion Soup. Kill your evening hunger pang with this super easy and quick veg spring onion and corn soup which is lip-smacking and tummy filling.
Sweet Corn and Spring Onion Soup
10. Garlicky Beetroot Soup is sure to win your hearts. Made with minimum ingredients, this soup is extremely healthy. The flavours of the soups itself is tempting. All you need is a pressure cooker to amke this soup within 20 minutes. This soup is sure to win your heart with its lovely colour, irresistible creaminess and zesty flavour.
Garlicky Beetroot Soup
Check our collection of Jhat-Pat Soup to find quick soup recipes that will help you make a bowl of soup that will surely lift your mood and nourish your soul.