Broccoli and Red Capsicum Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25681 times
When you are game for a bowlful that is bursting with flavour, go for this Broccoli and Red Capsicum Soup.
Capsicum, onions and garlic together make this a truly flavorsome soup, while broccoli gives it a luscious texture.
Both broccoli and red capsicum are fibre-rich veggies, making this soup a good addition to a diabetic meal. As it is quite low in fat and carbs, you can even have this tasty soup every day.
Try other diabetic friendly soups like Lentil and Vegetable Broth , Mixed Sprouts Soup and Mein Chow Soup .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, red capsicum and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of hot water, mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same non-stick pan, add the pepper powder and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.