Makai Shorba ( Healthy Soups and Salads Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Makai Shorba ( Healthy Soups and Salads Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 204 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35320 times
Everyone is sure to relish this tempting, Indian style corn soup which helps to increase your vitamin B3 (Niacin) levels to ensure overall good health. Serve Makai Shorbahot with whole wheat garlic bread to make an absolutely healthy and hearty meal.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the clove, cinnamon, peppercorns, bayleaf, onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, coriander seeds, cumin seeds powder and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sweet corn kernels, 2 cups of water and salt, mix well and simmer on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the corn is cooked. Allow it to cool completely.
- Discard the bayleaf and then blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée back into the pan, add the milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with roasted sweet corn kernels and a coriander sprig.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.