Lentil and Vegetable Broth
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 404 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20014 times
A thick and creamy soup that's satiating and will also pamper your taste buds. The dal, tomatoes and onion based stock lends a creamy texture and the sautéed vegetables add that necessary crunch. Feel free to choose any fresh vegetables of your choice if cabbage or spinach are not your favourites. Serve hot with Celery Garlic Toasts.
- Cut the onions and tomatoes into big pieces.
- Add the moong dal and 4½ cups of water and cook in a pressure cooker.
- When cool, blend in a liquidiser and keep aside.
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and spinach and sauté again for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomato, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot, with Celery Garlic Toasts.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.