Mixed Sprouts Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3672 times
The Mixed Sprouts Soup is a simple but tasty Indian-style soup, which makes it fun to include sprouts in your diet!
With chopped onions, garlic and a tinge of black pepper, it has a comforting flavour and luscious mouth-feel.
The abundant fibre in sprouts will also benefit you on the health front, helping keep blood sugar under control.
Try other diabetic friendly soups like Lentil and Vegetable Broth and Mein Chow Soup .
- Combine the mixed sprouts and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth using 2 cups of water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared mixture and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.