Pumpkin Potato Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26910 times
pumpkin potato soup recipe | potato pumpkin soup | creamy pumpkin potato soup | with 17 amazing images.
Satisfaction guaranteed! There is no doubt about anybody not liking the pumpkin potato soup because it transforms the humble pumpkin into nothing short of a sumptuous delicacy.
This creamy pumpkin potato soup, made with vitamin A and calcium pumpkin and calcium rich milk is very appealing in terms of colours and flavours. Red pumpkin when blended with milk and potatoes give thickness to the pumpkin potato soup, so there is no need to add any cream to this soup. pumpkin potato soup falls under the category of thick soup.
Note on pumpkin potato soup recipe. 1. Blend with a hand blender to a smooth purée and transfer the purée back to the pan. Process soup in batches if you have a small mixer jar. Strain soup through a fine-mesh sieve if you want it really smooth.
Garlic, onion, mixed dried herbs give pumpkin potato soup a nice flavor and are the main flavoring ingredients. Garnish the pumpkin potato soup with cream and make it even eye-pleasing!!
Learn to make pumpkin potato soup recipe | potato pumpkin soup | creamy pumpkin potato soup | with detailed step by step recipe photos below.
- To make pumpkin potato soup, heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin and potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and 1 cup of hot water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, till the potatoes and the pumpkin get cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. You can also use a hand blender.
- Transfer the purée back to the pan, add the thyme, salt, pepper and 1½ cups of water, mix well and boil for 2 to 3 minutes on a slow flame.
- Serve pumpkin potato soup hot garnished with a sprig of mint.
Pumpkin Potato Soup recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.