Vegetable Soup ( Exciting Vegetarian Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1435 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45615 times
Cabbage, carrots and onions combine here in a tomato base to make this heart-warming soup. Baked beans add on to the flavor and crunch in this soup.
- Combine the tomatoes and 4 cups of water in a deep kadhai and cook on a high flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and allow the mixture to cool.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the bayleaf, cloves, peppercorns and cinnamon, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage and carrots, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared tomato base, cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt and baked beans, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.