Roasted Capsicum Soup, Roasted Red Capsicum and Tomato Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47493 times
Roasted capsicum soup, this simple but delectable soup is packed with goodness of folic acid and vitamin A from capsicum and tomatoes.
The high fibre content of the recipe helps to remove the excess fat from the body while the garlic helps to keep a check on your blood cholesterol levels.
No idea what to serve with soup to make a full meal out of it? Check these out - Spaghetti Verdi , Grilled Corn Toast , Pasta in White Sauce , Tortilla Wrap , Fattoush , Hara Bhara Kebabs .
- Combine the cornflour and low-fat milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Pierce a fork through the capsicum and roast them one at a time on a medium flame till it turns black from all the sides.
- Wash and remove their skin, stem and seeds. Roughly chop and keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic, bayleaves and 3 cups of water in a deep pan and boil on a medium flame till the tomatoes are soft.
- Cool the tomatoes completely and discard the bayleaves.
- Combine the capsicum and tomatoes and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture back to the pan, add the cornflour-milk mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.