by Tarla Dalal
Added to 127 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23512 times
Spaghetti tossed in a spinach and cheese sauce with colourful vegetables makes a delightful recipe. The beautiful green colour and good coating quality of the sauce makes it useful when serving along with pasta for a lunch or dinner. The cheese spread blends beautifully to give a thick and creamy sauce. To retain the fresh green colour of spinach, blanch the spinach and refresh quickly in ice-cold water. You may add a pinch of soda bi-carb to the water in which spinach is to be boiled. This also helps to retain the green colour of spinach.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water for a minute. Drain and refresh in ice-cold water. Drain again and purée in a blender. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the spring onions and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach purée, cheese spread, milk, salt and pepper and mix well. Bring it to a boil while stirring continuously. Remove and keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the sauce, adding a little milk or water if required and toss the spaghetti in the sauce.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||4268.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||34.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||95.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.