by Tarla Dalal
Added to 107 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19775 times
A scrumptious mixture of onions, green chillies and mushrooms sautéed in butter, in a white sauce like base, perked up with herbs, is at the heart of this amazing starter. This succulent topping is loaded onto toasted bread just before serving, so that the bread remains crisp. Indeed, these dainty Mushroom Canapes are a pleasure to behold and a delight to bite into! A good starter recipe for a Cocktail Party .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, plain flour and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the milk , mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add oregano and parsley, mix well and keep aside.
- Cut each toasted bread slice into 4 squares, top each square with 1½ tsp of the prepared mushroom filling.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per canape
|Vitamin A||42.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.