Creamed Corn Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 193 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24054 times
There is a tasty twist in every step of this delicious dish! A batter starring sweet corn is steamed into cakes, which is then batter-fried till crisp to make a delectable Oriental snack, which is crisp outside and soft inside.
The Creamed Corn Cake tastes fantastic with Schezuan sauce, and we promise you an experience unlike anything you have had before.
Add a taste of China to your next Party with irresistible Chinese Starters .
- Combine the cream style sweet corn, cornflour and salt in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 150 mm. (6") diameter greased thali and steam in a steamer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the steamer, cool completely and cut into square pieces. Keep aside.
- Dip the sweet corn cake pieces in the batter, a few at a time and deep-fry in hot oil till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with schezuan sauce, honey chilli sauce and green onion and ginger dip.
Nutrient values per corn cake
|Vitamin A||50.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||26.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.