Tomato Soup, Veg Tomato Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 276 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 247956 times
Who doesn’t love the tangy, appetizing flavour and creamy mouth-feel of Tomato Soup? Here is a variant with a desi touch, where the tomatoes are blended with cooked moong dal, to improve the texture and balance the flavour too.
Onions, sautéed in butter, add more punch and a bit of crunch to the Veg Tomato Soup. Enjoy it fresh and hot with your favourite croutons- Garlic Crouton , Fried Croutons , Potato Croutons , Cheese Croutons .
- Combine the tomatoes, yellow moong dal and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato-dal mixture, ½ cup of water, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot with bread croutons.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.