Rajma Tikki Satay with Spring Onion Dip
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22669 times
A traditional Punjabi tikki morphs into an innovative low-cal satay when combined with veggies and paneer.
As a cross-cultural touch, i have included my favourite spring onion dip in this recipe. At 44 calories per satay, we suggest a serving size of two.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Heat ¼ tsp of oil in another non-stick pan, add the ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the sautéed onions and all the remaining ingredients including, except the cornflour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool slightly, add 1½ tbsp of cornflour and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and roll each portion into a 37 mm. (1½”) flat round tikki.
- Roll each tikki evenly in the remaining cornflour till they are evenly coated from both the sides.
- Cook all the tikkis on a non-stick tava (griddle), using the remaining ¾ tsp of oil, till the tikkis turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the chaat masala and dried fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for another minute. Keep aside.
- Thread a piece of an onion, tomato, onion and a tikki followed again by a piece by onion, tomato and onion on a small satay stick.
- Repeat the same with the remaining ingredients to make 9 more satays.
- Serve immediately with spring onion dip.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per satay
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.