Low Fat Paneer and Green Peas Stuffed Parathas, Diabetic Friendly
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31732 times
This paneer packed whole wheat flour paratha is a really sumptuous treat. While green peas adds to the goodness of this paratha by adding fibre, a dash of coriander and mint boost the josh factor! We have made this Low-Fat Paneer and Green Peas Stuffed Paratha with whole wheat flour, completely avoiding refined flour, which can raise blood sugar levels quickly.
This wholesome diabetic -friendly paratha is a paneer lover’s delight, made with low-fat paneer. But try to restrict the portion to one paratha, to avoid too much of protein.
- Combine the whole wheat flour and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre and bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Press it lightly to seal the stuffing, flatten the dough and roll out again into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using ¼ tsp of oil and cook till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 106 calories|
|Protein|| 5.4 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 17.4 gm|
|Fat|| 1.6 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.6 gm|
|Calcium|| 126.8 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.