Coriander Roti, Jain Kothmir Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28956 times
Coriander always adds zing to any dish, with its peppy flavour and irresistible aroma. While you might have seen coriander and other herbs being added to the roti dough, here is an even more mouth-watering method of preparing Coriander Roti, with a stuffing of coriander and spice powders.
Besan helps to hold the stuffing together while green chillies add a dash of spice to it. Indeed, this Jain Kothmir Roti is a real delight to bite into!
You might also like Dhaniye Aur Makai ki Roti , Hare Mutter Ke Parathe , Lachha Paneer Paratha and Nariyal ki Meethi Roti .
- For the dough
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling. Brush little oil evenly over it.
- Sprinkle a portion of the stuffing evenly over it.
- Roll it up tightly from one end to another end.
- Roll it over again from one end to the other end to form a swiss roll and seal the open end tightly at the bottom in the centre.
- Turnover the swiss roll so that the sealed side faces upwards and again gently roll into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 8 to make 7 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per roti
|Vitamin A||263.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||10 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.