Dhaniye Aur Makai ki Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 212 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30883 times
While you would have often enjoyed corn as an add-on to dishes like Rotis , bhajias, pakode, Pulaos , Subzis / Curries and several continental dishes too, this unique Dhaniye aur Makai ki Roti gives it an equal footing with wheat flour!
Crushed corn and wheat flour, in equal proportions, are perked up with coriander and myriad spice powders to prepare the dough for a really lip-smacking and sumptuous roti that has a melt-in-the-mouth texture that you will enjoy to the core.
Do justice to this irresistible dish by topping it with a dollop of butter before serving! This roti is also a tasty and filling option to serve for Breakfast .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 to make more 5 rotis.
- Serve immediately topped with a dollop of butter.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.