Lachha Paneer Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 159 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38499 times
Just the sight of these crispy, ringed parathas is enough to make your mouth water! These sumptuous whole wheat parathas plumped up with succulent paneer, are rolled using a special procedure, which results in an exciting texture and appearance. Flavour enhancers like coriander, green chillies and cumin seeds powder prove their mettle once again, providing the Laccha Paneer Paratha an irresistible aroma and flavour. Serve fresh off the tava, teamed up with a perfect subzi.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 200 mm. (8") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a rolled portion on a flat, dry surface, spread a little prepared paste evenly over it and place another rolled portion over it
- Repeat step 4 to make 2 more layers.
- Roll it up tightly from one end to the other and cut into 6 equal portions.
- Flatten one portion in between your palms and again roll into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.