by Tarla Dalal
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89583 times
Looking for a warmly flavoured dip to enjoy with bread or veggie sticks? Go for this Lebanese delight without a second thought!
Baba Ganoush is an incredible dip of roasted brinjals flavoured with garlic and cumin, and perked up with a touch of lemon. It has a nice smoky aroma and addictive flavour that everyone loves. Relish it with lavash, pita bread or veg sticks.
you can also try other Lebanese dips like the Spicy Garlic Hummus or Shatta
- Prick the brinjal with a fork, brush it evenly with oil and roast it over an open flame for 10 minutes or till the brinjal turns black from all the sides and the flesh is soft and pulpy. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Remove the skin and stem and discard them and roughly chop the brinjal.
- Combine the brinjals, olive oil, tahini paste, garlic, cumin seeds powder, lemon juice and salt in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Put the mixture in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with cucumber, carrots and breadsticks.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.