Rice Rava Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 610 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36380 times
This version of rava dosa is made with equal proportions of rice flour and semolina, with a tempering of mixed spices and a dash of chopped coconut and cashews for crunch. It is a really quick recipe, but tastes special, so it is an ideal choice when you have guests.
- Mix together the semolina, rice flour, soda bi-carb and salt and add enough water (approximately 4 cups) to make a very thin batter.
- To prepare the tempering, heat the oil in a small vessel, add the cumin seeds and fry until they crackle. Add the green chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds. Add this to the batter.
- Add the cashewnut and coconut and mix well.
- Heat a large non-stick pan on a high flame and grease it lightly with ghee. Pour 1/2 cup of the batter in a circular manner.
- Pour a little ghee in the holes of the dosa, fold into a triangular shape and cook until crisp.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.