Beverages, Indian Drinks, juices for a Healthy Heart
beverages for a healthy heart. Indian drinks, juices for a healthy heart. best drinks for a healthy heart | Indian drinks to prevent heart blockage | When you feel like drinking something refreshing and healthy, check out these healthy drinks! Armed with these recipes, it is so much easier to avoid sugar-laden drinks and beverages, because these are so much more tasty, refreshing and heart-friendly too.
Amla Ginger Juice
This handy collection of low-cal and low fat beverages like juices, mocktails, shakes and smoothies, are made with carefully-chosen ingredients, which are known to protect the heart from free radicals damage and keep it fit.
5 Traditional Indian drinks for a healthy heart
1. Chaas is loved in all parts of India. Try the low fat chaas recipe which is made from low fat curds and has zero oil. Perfect for a healthy heart.
Low Fat Chaas Recipe , Indian Low Fat Buttermilk
2. tulsi tea recipe is made from 2 ingredients, tulsi leaves ( considered a holy herb in India) + lemon juice. Tulsi leaves are cooked in water for 10 minutes. Strain the water and add lemon juices and your tulsi tea for weight loss is ready.
3. You should definitely try our lemongrass tea. Detox with this healthy and weight loss lemon grass tea. Switch from tea and coffee for evenings and try the refreshing lemongrass and mint tea.
Lemon Grass Tea
4. Ajwain Water has a nice, appetizing aroma and tingling taste, which you will be able to ingest and digest even when you are feeling too full and not comfortable in the tummy.
Even better, ajwain water for weight loss is the perfect Indian drink for weight loss.
5. Diabetic will benefit from this Neem Juice. A small quantity of Neem Juice 2 to 3 times in a week can help keep blood sugar levels under check and thereby protecting the heart. Neem Juice is made from Neem Leaves and water, so its 100% pure.
Beverage a Healthy Heart, Fruit Drinks
Apple Cinnamon Soya Shake is a protein packed satiating fruity drink which is rich in anti-oxidants and flavonoids from soya and apples. It is also cholesterol free becase low-fat milk is used.
Apple Cinnamon Soya Shake
Papaya and Apple Frappe should be had chilled to refresh yourself, a good source of beta carotene vitamin A and vitamin C with natural sweetener – honey. Try making a low fat and cholesterol free drink like Strawberry Honey Smoothie which has a nice baby pink colour that is liked by almost everyone.
Strawberry Honey Smoothie
Beverage a Healthy Heart, Fruit and Vegetable Drinks
Get yourself loaded with energy with this Instant Energizer, a drink made using Carrot, Apple and Orange which is super rich in antioxidants like Beta carotene and Vitamin C .
Beet Treat, as the name suggests it has beetroot but carrot and apples too have been used to add nutritive value to it. Carrot and Black Grape Juice is loaded with antioxidants like Vitamin A and resveratrol that are really good for eyes and high blood pressure.
Carrot and Black Grape Juice
What causes your heart to not work correctly?
There are 5 basic reasons why we have heart issues.
1. Belly fat : The more belly fat you have, the higher the risk of a heart attack. This shows wrong food habits, bad quality vegetable oil, sugar, maida, cornflour excess etc create this problem. High blood pressure in a major problem for your heart and also uncontrolled diabetes. Your diabetes is not solved by just popping pills. You need to change the way you eat.
Wrong foods eaten lead to the inflammation of the arteries of your heart. Blockages in the arteries Blockages lead to heart attack and that is so easy to fix as simple as eating healthy. Remove inflammation in your body.
Musk Melon Black Grape Drink
2. Eating processed foods : Avoid junk food and follow simple basic home cooked food. Stay away from refined vegetable oils. Opt for unfrefined oils like olive oil, coconut oil. You could also have cold pressed peanut oil in your cooking as that is available in India.
Also remember to wash your hands before you eat as they can carry infections. Your hands have opened doors, pressed lift buttons etc where others with infection may have touched them before. Thats how a virus can spread.
Watermelon and Guava Juice
3. Always be active and get your exercises in : Yes, want a healthy heart then put in the effort. Even if you have a one hour workout and you are sitting for the next 9 hours, then your one hour workout is almost useless. Inactivity, sedentary lifestyle or sitting too long is the number one cause of inflammation and poor blood circulation in your system. Your heart needs two things, the right nutrients (eating wisely) and oxygen and both these are carried by your blood circulation. Blood circulation happens with movement.
If your are in your office, then try and sit on a stool without a back rest and that will make you use your core and fire up your body. That is why we find new age workers wanting to stand at times the whole day while working at their desk.
Blood circulation is at its lowest when we are sitting or sedentary. 2 hours of watching TV may reduce heart healthy by 13% to 15% says Harvard study. There is a way to watch TV.
Get up from your TV or pause and walk around or even better do some basic exrecises while watching TV. If you had an active day then nothing will happen by watching TV for 2 hours.
Brain Booster, Carrot Apple Beetroot and Spinach Juice
4. Smoking and Stress : The two s's. Common senses is stay away from your puff. Regarding stress, more stress makes more cortisol which creates more inflammation. That swells your arteries over time and leasds to a heart attack. Sort your stress out.
Saffron Cardamom Almond Milk, Healthy Vegan Breakfast Recipe
5. Lack of sleep : Your body needs 8 hours sleep. Sleep depravation and inflammation are linked with one another. If you are sleep deprived, then you are compromising your heart health.
Stress is also a big issue for heart attack. More stress makes more cortisol which creates more inflammation.
Palak, Kale and Apple Juice
Enjoy our healthy heart drink recipes and other healthy heart recipes articles below.
Healthy Heart Accompaniments (20 recipes)
Healthy Heart Breakfast (25 recipes)
Healthy Heart Dals & Kadhis (31 recipes)
Healthy Heart Desserts (17 recipes)
Healthy Heart International Recipes (26 recipes)
Healthy Heart Rice, Khichdi and Biryani (25 recipes)
Healthy Heart Rotis & Parathas (33 recipes)
Healthy Heart Salads Raitas (58 recipes)
Healthy Heart Soups (25 recipes)
Healthy Heart Starters Snacks (60 recipes)
Healthy Heart Subzis (41 recipes)